Where do I start! For me, at work, it could be time doing emails or paperwork; or my morning set-up tasks; or my re-stocking of supplies. I try for it to be a solid block uninterrupted, but the nature of my job means I am subject to interruptions quite frequently. I do my best! I also use the ‘deep work’ (or pomodoro) for things I have been putting off—it’s amazing what you can get done in 25 minutes, and an unwelcome task can be managed if not completed in such focused blocks.
I consider deep work to be fulfilling, but excellent and I consider deep work to do for you what it could do for others, and deep work is something that others can get from you that will last forever
I personally would say things like, working on homework or a Google doc would be deep work. Anything that allows you to sit down and focus really. I personally organize my Google drive and work on some assignment and anything I have to write
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)