I personally would say things like, working on homework or a Google doc would be deep work. Anything that allows you to sit down and focus really. I personally organize my Google drive and work on some assignment and anything I have to write
- How can I be completely focused and motivated and make the effort to change?
- How do I get into that first ‘part’ of work? I always struggle with actually sitting down and committing to a task, but once I am focused I can work productively. How can I motivate myself to start that task I’ve been putting off?
- What is your routine before going into deep work?
- How do you celebrate finishing the ritual?
- How do you stay focused during a Deep Work session?
I consider deep work to be fulfilling, but excellent and I consider deep work to do for you what it could do for others, and deep work is something that others can get from you that will last forever
Where do I start! For me, at work, it could be time doing emails or paperwork; or my morning set-up tasks; or my re-stocking of supplies. I try for it to be a solid block uninterrupted, but the nature of my job means I am subject to interruptions quite frequently. I do my best! I also use the ‘deep work’ (or pomodoro) for things I have been putting off—it’s amazing what you can get done in 25 minutes, and an unwelcome task can be managed if not completed in such focused blocks.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?