To motivate myself to eat something in the morning, I like to have something yummy such as crumpets or flavourful porridge (my favourite is brown sugar, cinnamon, with a sprinkle of seeds and nuts on top) and a piece of fruit that I like (e.g. some fejoas, some grapes, mango (if I've got it) or a nectarines)
I don't have as much prep time as you usually do so I do try to make sure I have easily probable things available or prep (even if it's just thinking about it) the night before.
Smoothies are also good!
Every morning after drinking water and brushing my teeth, I make a smoothie. It’s quick, easy, way to fit a great amount of fruit, veg, grain and alkalinity into my day. Guaranteed!
My basics are kale/spinach, yoghurt, citrus and oats, with whatever fruits.
Frozen fruit is always a plus 😀
I’m a sucker for the classic strawberry and banana smoothie. Sometimes I like to kick it up a bit by adding half a lemon, a BIG spoonful of ginger and raspberries.
Tastes like Fruit* loops. Enjoy 🙂
This is my idea, if you need something more tell me. 🌼
- How long after you get up do you eat breakfast?
- What are some healthy breakfasts for moms on the go?
- What do you eat when you’re on the run and can’t prepare breakfast?
- What do you do to vary your breakfast options?
- Do you have great make-ahead breakfasts?
- How do you avoid wanting carbs in the morning? I have strong cravings for bread/toast/bagels.
- How do you refrain from eating sugary cereals? Sometimes I have a craving for it, but I realize that it’s not the best thing for my body at the top of the morning.
- Any recipes for an amazing breakfast? I need more ideas.
- If you work early in the morning and commute to work, how quickly do you eat breakfast after waking up? How does this factor into your morning commute?
- Do you include vegetables in your breakfast?