To motivate myself to eat something in the morning, I like to have something yummy such as crumpets or flavourful porridge (my favourite is brown sugar, cinnamon, with a sprinkle of seeds and nuts on top) and a piece of fruit that I like (e.g. some fejoas, some grapes, mango (if I've got it) or a nectarines)
I don't have as much prep time as you usually do so I do try to make sure I have easily probable things available or prep (even if it's just thinking about it) the night before.
Smoothies are also good!
Every morning after drinking water and brushing my teeth, I make a smoothie. It’s quick, easy, way to fit a great amount of fruit, veg, grain and alkalinity into my day. Guaranteed!
My basics are kale/spinach, yoghurt, citrus and oats, with whatever fruits.
Frozen fruit is always a plus 😀
I’m a sucker for the classic strawberry and banana smoothie. Sometimes I like to kick it up a bit by adding half a lemon, a BIG spoonful of ginger and raspberries.
Tastes like Fruit* loops. Enjoy 🙂
This is my idea, if you need something more tell me. 🌼
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.