Every night I get into bed which I made that morning and make sure my phone is on the other side of the room or elsewhere. Set any alarms or things before you get in bed. I generally have a stack of books by my bed of things that sound appealing to me. The more you read, the better you are at judging what you want to read. Every night I read for at least 30 minutes which is enough time to wind down from any activities if I have been watching TV or something. After reading for a while I turn off my light and if I have trouble falling asleep, something that works for me is to stay as still as possible.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?