There are a lot of options. Exercise or sports are one idea, but exercising before trying to sleep can wake you up. Yoga might be gentle enough. Other options include reading, doing jigsaw puzzles or paper puzzles like sudoku, coloring in a coloring book, drawing, practicing a language, cooking, or doing crafts.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?