Floss first to get food out from in between your teeth, brush to get rid of all the stuff, including the things you just dislodged by flossing, gargle if you must.
The order these three items should follow would be as follows. To start we can choose between brushing and flossing, since they have a similar purpose that is remove the bit of food that are left in our teeth. One is oriented to cover the front and backside of the teeth, while the other in between. In what respect to gargle, that must be the last step. Mouthwash has fluoride which is intended to protect our teeth against cavities.
I actually brush, floss, brush again, and then gargle. The second brush is to push my toothpaste in the areas that might have been blocked before I flossed. I dont use mouthwash that contains alcohol because it is my understanding that it’s bad for your gums. I actually use a fluoride wash instead. ☺️
Between brush and floss it doesn’t really matter, but gargle should always be the last one so it doesn’t get caught in leftover food, preventing it from acting in your teeth.
H Lo Se P.
Floss goes first in order to take out all those pieces of food still stuck. Then you brush to really clean and then gargle. I think.
- Do you know the best method for flossing your tooth?
- How do I stay motivated to floss late at night?
- do you use the floss habit as a reminder to brush your teeth or a reminder to actually floss? i’m not american (i know you guys floss like no other and i wish i was like that) and i have these retainer braces?things? like just a wire behind my teeth and cant use the thread ((and also depression which means struggling to take care of personal hygiene at times so i need reminders to brush my teeth…))
- Why do I need to floss my teeth? How can it help?
- Does anyone floss multiple times a day?
- How long does it take before starting a flossing routine does not hurt anymore?
- For drinking water in the morning, we left a cup of water on the counter overnight. What can you do to prompt flossing for the next morning?
- How do you ensure you floss every day?
- How do you do it in under two minutes? Any tips?
- It’s hard to get motivated to fast how do you motivate yourself to floss