- How do you not feel guilty about taking time to meditate?
- How can I move from guided meditations to unguided meditations? Do you have any tips?
- What is the best music to listen to while meditating?
- Do you really benefit from meditation?
- Does anyone know how to focus when meditation brings up traumatic memories? How do you keep yourself moving forward despite the flashbacks?
It doesn't matter what ANYONE THINKS or SAYS about YOUR Meditation Place!!! It's what HELPS YOU be able to "get away from the world" for YOUR meditation time.
SOMETIMES, I even change my location based on the weather. We have a back deck and I enjoy taking my morning coffee and sitting outside and watching the sunrise. Sometimes, when it's raining, I take my morning coffee and either stand on the front porch and listen to the raining or if it's too cold, I take my coffee and a curl up with a simple throw blanket on the window box seat and enjoy being able to be peaceful, warm and protected from the cold, rainy weather outside.
Sometimes, meditation comes with a morning or evening walk in a park or a nature trail.
We have a small bonus room in our house too. Even though it's more my hobby/ craft room, I created a "corner" by setting some of the furniture in such a way that it created a "separation" from the rest of the room but is not obvious to others.
I also look for places where I can look out, look forward, look at a view, SOMETHING which helps me to LOOK BEYOND where I am at that moment in time and not just "stuck in my head".
When I count things which have gone well, when I realize the opportunities and blessings I've been given during meditation, I begin to realize that even if I'm in a "hard spot" at the moment, as I sit quietly, a thought or idea will come to me then or later in the day and I will be able to get THROUGH the "hard spot" because I took time for me that day.
I was constantly asking people How to meditate. Once I just started with a series inn meditation that actually walked me thru the steps and did I feel comfortable and now have gained knowledge am I able to relax and focus better.
"Visualize" what is being said. Get comfortable in your seated position & Relax so that you aren't fidgeting.
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
- Does anyone use a candle when they meditate?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How long before you feel that meditation is working?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
- Is better if you meditate with more people?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?