I was constantly asking people How to meditate. Once I just started with a series inn meditation that actually walked me thru the steps and did I feel comfortable and now have gained knowledge am I able to relax and focus better.
"Visualize" what is being said. Get comfortable in your seated position & Relax so that you aren't fidgeting.
It doesn't matter what ANYONE THINKS or SAYS about YOUR Meditation Place!!! It's what HELPS YOU be able to "get away from the world" for YOUR meditation time.
SOMETIMES, I even change my location based on the weather. We have a back deck and I enjoy taking my morning coffee and sitting outside and watching the sunrise. Sometimes, when it's raining, I take my morning coffee and either stand on the front porch and listen to the raining or if it's too cold, I take my coffee and a curl up with a simple throw blanket on the window box seat and enjoy being able to be peaceful, warm and protected from the cold, rainy weather outside.
Sometimes, meditation comes with a morning or evening walk in a park or a nature trail.
We have a small bonus room in our house too. Even though it's more my hobby/ craft room, I created a "corner" by setting some of the furniture in such a way that it created a "separation" from the rest of the room but is not obvious to others.
I also look for places where I can look out, look forward, look at a view, SOMETHING which helps me to LOOK BEYOND where I am at that moment in time and not just "stuck in my head".
When I count things which have gone well, when I realize the opportunities and blessings I've been given during meditation, I begin to realize that even if I'm in a "hard spot" at the moment, as I sit quietly, a thought or idea will come to me then or later in the day and I will be able to get THROUGH the "hard spot" because I took time for me that day.
- What is the actual process of meditation? What should I actually do during Meditation? What should I think about?
- Hey fabulous people do find it best to meditate first thing in the morning ?
- What specific skill is most important in meditation?
- What is in your mind when you meditate?
- What do you do to get back in the groove when you’re interrupted while meditating?
- Could you meditate after school?
- What is the difference between mind voice and intuition voice? How to make a difference between them?
- Summer is pretty much here where I live- kids schedule changes pretty dramatically and there are usually family and friend events that need a lot of planning and dedication towards which throws me off my work schedule and even my daily routine and rituals. How do you all stay on track with your daily routine and work schedule when summer comes and kids and family schedules change ?
- Please how do I meditate? What’s the procedure?
- What are some common thoughts you have that are resistant to meditating? How do you cope with them, both during meditation and not?