After exercise! First I drink water, brush my teeth and floss, then I exercise. It's best to stretch after exercise – stretching cold muscles isn't good for them
Right after I wake up, I’ll grab a bottle of water. Right after that is when I’ll place my yoga mat on the floor and start my morning yoga routine. This allows me to stretch out anything that could hold me back throughout the day.
As soon as I drink water. It helps to kick start the day into motion and allows me to focus on my next goal of eating a healthy breakfast or meditating for 5 minutes. All because I am more awake right after.
Normally I stretch right after getting out of bed but sometimes I rather drink a glass of water first and stretch after, right before the morning exercise.
I only need to wake up at 7am,but I chose to wake up earlier so that I could fit the stretching and meditation, it actually feels better to wake up earlier and feel for the rest of the day that I already accomplished something
I do a downward dog when I get out of bed before I do anything else. That way I can’t forget. If I’m really tight I’ll do warrior 2 pose as I love how that makes me feel
after breakfast but before morning pages…..i find it nice to stretch in my kitchen while my toast or eggs are cooking and my coffee is on the stove. even five minutes makes a huge difference to how i feel during the day (and ill continue to stretch here and there until bedtime)
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?