After exercise! First I drink water, brush my teeth and floss, then I exercise. It's best to stretch after exercise – stretching cold muscles isn't good for them
As soon as I drink water. It helps to kick start the day into motion and allows me to focus on my next goal of eating a healthy breakfast or meditating for 5 minutes. All because I am more awake right after.
Normally I stretch right after getting out of bed but sometimes I rather drink a glass of water first and stretch after, right before the morning exercise.
I do a downward dog when I get out of bed before I do anything else. That way I can’t forget. If I’m really tight I’ll do warrior 2 pose as I love how that makes me feel
after breakfast but before morning pages…..i find it nice to stretch in my kitchen while my toast or eggs are cooking and my coffee is on the stove. even five minutes makes a huge difference to how i feel during the day (and ill continue to stretch here and there until bedtime)
Right after I wake up, I’ll grab a bottle of water. Right after that is when I’ll place my yoga mat on the floor and start my morning yoga routine. This allows me to stretch out anything that could hold me back throughout the day.
I only need to wake up at 7am,but I chose to wake up earlier so that I could fit the stretching and meditation, it actually feels better to wake up earlier and feel for the rest of the day that I already accomplished something
- What are the best stretches and exercises to improve flexibility?
- Has anyone ever experienced heel pain as a result of stretching?
- What areas of the body you focus more when stretching?
- Which stretch excercises are best for the lower back?
- What are some go-to arm stretches?
- How do you remember to stretch at work?
- Whats your favorite stretch/ yoga pose/ exercise that gets you limber?
- What stretches do you use to become more flexible?
- How do you stretch your legs
- How long do you normally stretch for?