After exercise! First I drink water, brush my teeth and floss, then I exercise. It's best to stretch after exercise – stretching cold muscles isn't good for them
Right after I wake up, I’ll grab a bottle of water. Right after that is when I’ll place my yoga mat on the floor and start my morning yoga routine. This allows me to stretch out anything that could hold me back throughout the day.
As soon as I drink water. It helps to kick start the day into motion and allows me to focus on my next goal of eating a healthy breakfast or meditating for 5 minutes. All because I am more awake right after.
Normally I stretch right after getting out of bed but sometimes I rather drink a glass of water first and stretch after, right before the morning exercise.
I only need to wake up at 7am,but I chose to wake up earlier so that I could fit the stretching and meditation, it actually feels better to wake up earlier and feel for the rest of the day that I already accomplished something
I do a downward dog when I get out of bed before I do anything else. That way I can’t forget. If I’m really tight I’ll do warrior 2 pose as I love how that makes me feel
after breakfast but before morning pages…..i find it nice to stretch in my kitchen while my toast or eggs are cooking and my coffee is on the stove. even five minutes makes a huge difference to how i feel during the day (and ill continue to stretch here and there until bedtime)
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?