I wonder if there are smaller muscles that might need stretching? Hip flexors, psoas, maybe some deep spinal stretches? Breathing too
- What is the best way to prioritize a to-do list?
- Why is it so important to floss after you brush your teeth?
- How do I focus myself when carrying out the Deep Focus habit, if my daily schedule is packed and my surroundings are disturbing?
- How do you keep breakfast interesting and fast?
- Would you like to share your favorite memory of a breakfast with me? This can be a moment or a particular type of food you enjoyed.
I get it. That’s good for you! But I’d say; there’s always something to stretch. Try to stretch deeper – I have been practicing yin yoga for some years, and I LOVE it. There’s different stretches and they let you chill in the stretch for 3-5 minutes. You’ll become so relaxed and refreshed. And feeling completely nice in your body.
I’m sort of like that too, so moved stretching to the afternoon. By then there’s plenty to stretch, especially if I’ve been at my desk most of the day.
The automatic stretch won’t stretch all your muscles, so do other stretches after you’ve woken up. You can still stretch even if you think there is nothing to stretch. Just keep doing it everyday and try out new stretch positions and you will see a result.
It also happens to me! But I take advantage of the one minute stretch to stretch my shoulders and neck and my sciatica. I love stretching so I think you should find a muscle or articulation that you can feel more, can you touch your toes, while standing, without bending your knees? 🙂
in the morning when i stretch i start with the basics and even if i naturally stretch try going to different areas where you haven’t done as much focusing on those places
This may not be the problem you see it to be! Try to reframe how you view this situation, or change stretching to the end-of-day routine!
Stretching involves a focussed movement and poses to target particular groups of muscles. That's how I see it. So maybe try being more mindful when you stretch next time to feel certain parts of your body you've never felt before.
Try scheduling your challenge of stretching for later in the day. Since u stretch when u wake up it’ll be helpful to also stretch in the evening after you’ve gotten through your day and used your muscles throughout the day.
Is it really a problem though?🤔 I think if you just follow stretching excercises on youtube etc, you’d be perfectly fine! And there’s always room for more flexibility, which comes from streching! So maybe try longer periods of stretching? Minimum is like 17sec for each muscle, so maybe prolong it a bit? Good luck!
Your body can’t and won’t stretch automatically. IU carry out an involuntary stretch, which is totally different from you carrying out a stretching exercise. The difference in terms of feelings is quite different.
Go through the process of moving and stretching anyway, and see what happens. You may train your body to stretch when you want to!
Taking your body through a full range of motion is always still good for you, otherwise use the time to work on body weight excersizes. Anything with core strength and pelvic floor muscles is especially good.
Of course. When you wale up and your body does an automatic stretch it is just that, like yawning, umintentional. When you do your daily stretch, you do it mindfully, like saying hi and good morning to all your cells and muscles, part by part, every morning
I would be surprised if a light stretch like one’s people do while waking up are the same as an actual stretch. I am a dance teacher, and each morning, despite whether my muscles feel tight or not, I do a moderate hamstring stretch (stand and touch my toes), a back stretch (child’s pose) and a hip stretch (like a pigeon yoga pose). It’s energizing and helps me loosen up during the day.
I think for some stretching can be about the physical act of stretching, but for others it may be more about allowing your body to relax or to increase awareness of your being – for some, both may be applicable.
If you automatically stretch in the morning, schedule a time to intentionally stretch in the afternoon or evening and see if you notice a difference that you enjoy about each stretch.
- If you have had a difficult time getting a job at some point, what techniques helped you get out of that rut?
- What are some good stretches to do in bed?
- What’s your favorite stretch?
- What stretches are the best?
- How do you prevent over stretching in a body that is hyper extensible
- How can I stretch/loosen up the muscle in my thigh without bending the knee? I cannot bend my knee right now due to surgery and my thigh is constantly tense.
- Do you find it harder to stretch first thing in the morning?
- When you stretch, do you ever do it alone as a practice in itself, or only as a part of another workout or exercise?
- Do you have any recommendations for stretches at work?
- How do you find ways to step out of your comfort zone?