Or go to a class. Meditation isn't just shutting your eyes and waiting, you may need some guidance.
P.S. Don't fall asleep.
The next step now is to practice non judgement and not labelling. By saying you are bored makes whatever you are feeling quite negative- try to observe what’s in your body that’s making you feel that way return your focus to the breath and know and trust that the feeling will pass. Very practically I suggest that until you are a bit further in your practice, guided meditations help.
Beside that put a part in your meditation, remind yourself why you are doing this to keep yourself motivated.
Keep going and have faith in yourself 🙂
If boredom or distraction is getting in the way and preventing you from getting through your sitting on a regular basis, on the other hand, you might consider trying out a few guided meditations to see if you can find one you like. They can be a great focus to keep you on track.
Could you do the meditation at another time of the day where you need it more?
If you’re feeling bored, you’re maybe still thinking about the day-to-day or your surroundings. Try to remove any distractions, sit quietly, breathe deeply, and focus on just one idea that you want to meditate on – a visualisation audio or guided session can be very useful here and there’s a few on the Fabulous app (Launch the Meditate habit and scroll down) and lots online.
P. S. Try to increase your duration by 5 minutes every week and let me know how it all worked out.
- How do you meditate at work without being perceived as “dozing off”?
- Do you prefer background music or quiet while you meditate?
- Do you prefer meditating in the mornings or evenings?
- What are some tips for someone just starting out with meditation?
- Any good techniques on how to stop your mind wandering while meditating or will it just take lots of practice?
- How do you deal with pain from traumas while meditating and how do you access and release these experiences to fully let them go?
- What do you thing of, while meditating?
- Where is the best place to meditate?
- What type of meditation do you use e.g. guided, breathing etc
- Relationship issues in any form, how do you cope to release tension and heartache?