- Is it ok to meditate lying down in the bed or is it better to sit down on the floor! Not sure if there is much difference! Thanks
- Is there a position in which you feel more easy to concentrate?
- What do you usually visualize in your mind during meditation?
- Do you guys ever feel like meditation makes you kind of buzzed?
- Do you prefer a guided meditation session, where you have an idea of the topic or do you just meditate on your own and go with what is in your heart or mind?
P.S. Don't fall asleep.
Beside that put a part in your meditation, remind yourself why you are doing this to keep yourself motivated.
If you’re feeling bored, you’re maybe still thinking about the day-to-day or your surroundings. Try to remove any distractions, sit quietly, breathe deeply, and focus on just one idea that you want to meditate on – a visualisation audio or guided session can be very useful here and there’s a few on the Fabulous app (Launch the Meditate habit and scroll down) and lots online.
The next step now is to practice non judgement and not labelling. By saying you are bored makes whatever you are feeling quite negative- try to observe what’s in your body that’s making you feel that way return your focus to the breath and know and trust that the feeling will pass. Very practically I suggest that until you are a bit further in your practice, guided meditations help.
Or go to a class. Meditation isn't just shutting your eyes and waiting, you may need some guidance.
P. S. Try to increase your duration by 5 minutes every week and let me know how it all worked out.
Could you do the meditation at another time of the day where you need it more?
Keep going and have faith in yourself 🙂
If boredom or distraction is getting in the way and preventing you from getting through your sitting on a regular basis, on the other hand, you might consider trying out a few guided meditations to see if you can find one you like. They can be a great focus to keep you on track.
- How often/long do you meditate?
- How do you keep meditating and focused?
- At what point in your routine do you meditate: if morning, before/after breakfast; if at night, early/later on in routine?
- Do you meditate in the morning or at night?
- Is it normal for thoughts during meditation to be kind of loud and busy?
- Which meditation do you practice on a daily basis?
- I prefer to meditate at midday. Why does Fabulous insist in meditating in the morning?
- What audio do you use to meditate? If you use any.
- Does it really matter if I do it in the afternoon because I have no time in the morning?
- Do you prefer meditating alone or with a group and why?