For me it’s not about duration but consistency. A 5-10 minute mediation can be more helpful and insightful than a hour long one. But my routine now is about 15-20 minutes in the morning and another 10-15 before sleep.
- If you have a compelling idea (like a breakthrough) during meditation, do you stop to write it down or you hold on to it until the end of the session ?
- What do you do while meditating?
- Should you meditate everyday and for how long? Also how many days should you and how long. Or doesn’t me even matter at all how you plan it out.
- Has meditation ever increased your anxiety?
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
I'm just getting back into it, so I'm starting slow between 5 to 10 minutes. I did 2 10 minute meditations today. I'd like to increase to possibly 3 times daily all for 10 minutes each and then add more time as I progress.
I usually meditate for 3 minutes these days. I find I need to build myself up towards longer sessions, so while it’s not much it’s a start.
Anywhere between 3-10 minutes 🙂 I am still learning and working to form the habit, I recommend Dr. Joe Dispenza for some guidance and more insight into meditation! He’s helping me a lot
I meditate 15 minutes. That’s help me to feel less stress, start feeling focus and train my brain to do what I want y think about I want. It’s my second time meditating and I feel so good doing it
I use two different meditation apps for my morning meditation which averages 29 minutes total and then I’ve added a twenty minute meditation to my midday routine.
Elizabeth De souza
I use apps for meditation and usually take 15 minute sessions. But as all of them say: better meditate for 5 minutes than no meditation at all.
- How do you position yourself during meditation?
- Have you considered going to a short meditation retreat?
- Yes. How exactly does one calm one’s mind in order to meditate? Like how can I quiet my mind completely in order to experience peace?
- Does meditation need to be done the same time every day?
- How do you meditate to get focused?
- How do you keep yourself focused on meditation?
- At times I have difficulty staying awake when I meditate in the morning. Does it happen to you too? How do you stay awake?
- What good meditation resources/apps do you use once you’ve progressed from the in-app ones?
- What changes do you see in yourself when you meditate daily?
- My mind drifts off too much during meditation, what should I do about it?