Just dime lights in the room, light up simple candle, lay down on the bed or in sofa, make yourself comfortable and relaxed, and breath deep and slowly.
- Do you have to meditate every day? And if so how long would you meditate?
- How do you sit if you are not flexible and find sitting cross-legged difficult?
- How do you get your mind to stay centered when you meditate? Mine keeps drifting into thoughts?
- What time of day do you prefer to meditate?
- What is the subtlest insight you’ve perceived about your thinking-mind while mediating?
I get into my bedroom or cabin, close the doors, get settled, and then start. I use another app called calm as they have a huge range and I like the guide. I try to block out all the sounds and pulls of people and animals needing me, and remind myself that it’s just 12 minutes, and I can attend to them after I do this.
I like to do a short yoga session to connect a bit more with myself. Maybe have a cup of tea and get ready. I try not to beat myself up if I get distracted. If the meditation I set out to do doesn't go over well then I pick another shorter one to end it off on. Even just a few minutes is helpful.
Get away from the chaos. Go for a walk or take a bath. Find some solitude with some good music. Write in your journal.
To meditate is not being perfect. Just leave the noise to come and go, accept it. Just do it, meditate and let the noise and thoughts to be in your life like clouds. You see them, but you ignore them l, you accept them. 🙂
I set aside time after the kids in bed and before it's time to sleep. In fact I sleep better if I take the time to meditate in the evening
I save my meditation time for right before I go to sleep. It helps me unwind my mind and slip into calmness. More often than not, I meditate myself to sleep.
Dante De souza
Meditation is not just sitting in one place and doing it, it can take a place outside walking meditation paying attention to how you walk weight balance….etc try it out.
- What does meditation do?
- Should I meditate in silence or with peaceful music?
- What are some of your difficulties with meditation and how do you cope with them/maintain focus?
- How to not get into sleep
- Can you meditate while driving?
- Do you think you need to meditate every day? Or do you alternate that with journaling?
- It’s difficult to me to have self-discipline. The worst of all is that I compare myself to others and I get disappointed. How can meditation help me get over it?
- What should I think about during meditation to improve calmness and increase the duration of the meditation?
- What is mindfulness meditation?
- How do you sit while you meditate?