Just dime lights in the room, light up simple candle, lay down on the bed or in sofa, make yourself comfortable and relaxed, and breath deep and slowly.
- What do I do when I’ve fallen off track with my habits? Start over from scratch?
- What has been your greatest life lesson learned to date, as a result of your meditation practice?
- What do you do to refocus when interrupted during meditation?
- I would like to know how other people manage to keep up their routines. I really struggle establishing strong positive habits, especially with food for example. Often I will have perfect weeks then fall off the wagon and feel like I’ve undone all the good work. Finding balance is difficult!
- Can someone with a meditation habit that has lasted years give me advice to build a long lasting practice? Any golden rules of how you meditate?
I get into my bedroom or cabin, close the doors, get settled, and then start. I use another app called calm as they have a huge range and I like the guide. I try to block out all the sounds and pulls of people and animals needing me, and remind myself that it’s just 12 minutes, and I can attend to them after I do this.
I like to do a short yoga session to connect a bit more with myself. Maybe have a cup of tea and get ready. I try not to beat myself up if I get distracted. If the meditation I set out to do doesn't go over well then I pick another shorter one to end it off on. Even just a few minutes is helpful.
Get away from the chaos. Go for a walk or take a bath. Find some solitude with some good music. Write in your journal.
To meditate is not being perfect. Just leave the noise to come and go, accept it. Just do it, meditate and let the noise and thoughts to be in your life like clouds. You see them, but you ignore them l, you accept them. 🙂
I set aside time after the kids in bed and before it's time to sleep. In fact I sleep better if I take the time to meditate in the evening
I save my meditation time for right before I go to sleep. It helps me unwind my mind and slip into calmness. More often than not, I meditate myself to sleep.
Dante De souza
Meditation is not just sitting in one place and doing it, it can take a place outside walking meditation paying attention to how you walk weight balance….etc try it out.
- What do you think about when you meditate?
- I just have such a hard time not letting my thoughts get in the way, any suggestions?
- What do people “get “out of meditation?
- Is there a position in which you feel more easy to concentrate?
- What time is needed for meditation? Should it be different in the morning and in the evening? If you sometimes fall asleep during meditation, what should you do?
- In meditation. Is your mind supposed to be clear or can you meditate on something positive (or both)?
- How do you sit straight but relaxed?
- When meditating are there easier ways to focus instead of visualizing my breath? I have a hard time concentrating and keeping my mind from wandering when meditating. Does this get better with practice? And what are tips to get better?
- Sometime, while meditating I feel the urge to open my eyes. It’s better to open them or trying to focus harder?
- How do you know when you’re comfortable enough to start meditating without a guided meditation?