Stretching is good anytime of day, whether your muscles are sore or not. You stretch whenever you feel tense, whenever you feel the pain after a workout, but I prefer a period of stretching just immediately after my workout. In fact, my workout timer doesn’t end until I’ve given all the worked muscles a good and proper stretching. I usually find much less muscle pain between workouts when I focus on this every time.
I prefer to use a heat pack of get a proper massage. Stretching on its own doesn't seem to be enough to loosen my tight muscles unless I do it regularly after a massage. Maybe a combination of heat and stretching could do the trick
I have a love/hate relationship with my foam roller. They are super cheap but one of the most effective things I’ve found to truly help sore muscles
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?