Stretching is good anytime of day, whether your muscles are sore or not. You stretch whenever you feel tense, whenever you feel the pain after a workout, but I prefer a period of stretching just immediately after my workout. In fact, my workout timer doesn’t end until I’ve given all the worked muscles a good and proper stretching. I usually find much less muscle pain between workouts when I focus on this every time.
I prefer to use a heat pack of get a proper massage. Stretching on its own doesn't seem to be enough to loosen my tight muscles unless I do it regularly after a massage. Maybe a combination of heat and stretching could do the trick
I have a love/hate relationship with my foam roller. They are super cheap but one of the most effective things I’ve found to truly help sore muscles
- Yea, what are the best stretches that include most body groups
- What’s your favorite way to stretch?
- What kind of stretching do you prefer ?
- Do you have a time of day you prefer to stretch?
- What is the best stretching exercise i can do?
- What are your favourite neck stretches?
- Which stretched do you find most useful to relieve joint pain and lower back pain ?
- Do you stretch longer than the required minute?
- How long it’s effective to keep each stretching position?
- Do you think that regular progressive stretching will make your joints be more flexible?