Have you tried stretching first thing in the morning? Within the first 30 minutes after we awake, we are at our “stretchiest”. 😉 What this highly technical technique really is almost like cheating, but there’s a catch. Do tend to be careful and not to overdo it, champ.
If that still doesn’t work for you, keep a slight bend in the knees and remember to use your core. This is basically a functional athletic position to protect your joints while giving you maximum performance. Try breathing into the stretch while thinking warm compassionate thoughts for yourself and sink in deeper.
The plank is probably not the best thing to do first thing in the morning. Wait until your body is more stable to attempt feats of strength building. And don’t forget the modified plank – kneel on knees and even elbows. You got this!
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?