Have you tried stretching first thing in the morning? Within the first 30 minutes after we awake, we are at our “stretchiest”. 😉 What this highly technical technique really is almost like cheating, but there’s a catch. Do tend to be careful and not to overdo it, champ.
If that still doesn’t work for you, keep a slight bend in the knees and remember to use your core. This is basically a functional athletic position to protect your joints while giving you maximum performance. Try breathing into the stretch while thinking warm compassionate thoughts for yourself and sink in deeper.
The plank is probably not the best thing to do first thing in the morning. Wait until your body is more stable to attempt feats of strength building. And don’t forget the modified plank – kneel on knees and even elbows. You got this!
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?