To stretch a stiff knee, many leg stretches will help! I personally try the “touch your toes” stretch and I also do this one stretch where I find a corner of two walls, lay down in parallel to one of the sides and bring my leg closest to the wall up so its laying on the wall, both legs in the shape of an L. These stretches have really helped to loosen my knees and I hope they will help you too!
If the pain is sharp or continues to get worse go to your doctor and have it looked at. Now having said that, stretching your calves, hamstrings and quads are the best. Side lunges help. Don’t not do step ups or squats because those movements use a great deal of tendons and ligaments which will increase the stiffness and soreness of your knees. Also try to use a pad when doing floor exercises so not to irritate the knee tendons on the hard surface.
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?