1st one is an overhead arm stretch with a neck rotation hold ( find a wall raise arm over your head and glue the raised arm along with the same side of your body to the wall. Use your other hand on your chin and force a rotation in the opposite direction of the wall: Core tight, breath and hold for 45sec).
2nd is a Thoracic extension over a mid/low back support chair or ideally a foam roller (Both hands on back of head, arch your back over 'support' on the midline of your back. direct your neck/chin to the the sky, open chest for controlled breathing while you keep core tight. Tight-core does not entail tense body; if you have trouble breathing with your chin to the sky in the hyperextended position, dampen the angle. Focus on your scapula and let it hang over that chair/roller: 45sec-1:15min hold). modify this stretch with 70deg left-right slow neck rotations in the same position ( just straighten your arms backward to allow for rotation on the modifier)
Then, relax your shoulders and slowly make circles with your head, stretching your neck muscles. Breath in while your go towards the back, out when you come towards the front. Then reverse the circle.
Lastly, for your upper back and even up to your arms, go into child’s posture. Everytime you breath out, try and go a little deeper to really stretch out. For an extra stretch on your shoulders, Keep the same position, but out your left arm under your right arm and reach as far to your side as you can. Then do the opposite side.
I hope this helps! 😊🧘♀️
This video has some great back exercises for the upper back to fix your posture. The first one especially where she puts her back against the wall and raises her hands against the wall had gave me a really nice stretch and posture. I’ll often feel lumps in my back getting released or hear my back cracking (in a good way) when I roll my shoulders backwards after doing this exercise.
DO FOR 15/30.SECONDS LIFT HEAD UP LAST AFTER PUTTING ARMS DOWN. SORRY NOT GOOD WITH WRITING WHAT TO DO LOL
- What strech do you think is most effective?
- I stretch in the morning, but I am not sure how long I should be stretching for?
- Which body part would you consider essential to stretch?
- If anyone has any good stretch videos they can recommend I’d love to know!
- What kinds of stretches are good for hands and feet
- Sometimes I feel like I lie to myself when I tick the boxes. Have I done not enough?
- What are your favourite go to stretches? Which stretches do you use in your daily routine?
- How do you know where to start as a beginner that is inflexible. It seems like all of the guides really hurt when I try to follow them.
- I roll my neck to stretch it but it’s still pretty inflexible. Any other neck stretches?
- I want to know how to relax while stretching