I observe my breath for a few minutes and then do a deep meditation called Vipassana. In the end, I do mettābhava ( or loving kindness) for a few minutes.
I use the Insight Timer app which allows you to pick guided meditations by length as well as style.
I don’t tend to like visualisation ones though.
It's not always easy for me to do the visualisations. My mind wanders easily. I try to do them each day. It really helps me set up my work day, and helps me stay focussed on what's important to me
- Do you find meditation more helpful in the morning or the evening?
- How do you keep yourself motivated and disciplined?
- How many hours should you meditate?
- What’s your length goal for meditating? How long do you want to be able to meditate for?
- How long do you meditate for and at what time of day?
- What is your main aim of meditation?
- What is the recommended amount of time to meditate?
- Is it normal to almost go into sleep, then awake in your mind in time for the end of meditation cycle?
- Is it better to do the same meditation multiple times in a row/use the same app/stick to the same teacher, or better to change it up and do a different meditation every day?
- When do you meditate? For how long?