Altino Da cunha
Sometimes I sit upright on the ground, the other times when I don’t feel like sitting, I just lie down on my back, totally relaxed and then meditate.
- How do you meditate? Do you focus only on breathing?
- What advice do you have for being successful during the giving up sugar challenge?
- How long do you meditate and how often?
- How can I select one of the Fabulous meditation topics to appear in my morning routine. Right now I have the breather, but some days I want something longer or different.
- Do you find it better to meditate in the morning or evening?
I usually meditate at the end of my bed sitting upright. But I also meditate in cushions when they are available or the floor or carpet.
I’m usually sitting, but if I’m home I like to recline on the couch facing the window look and look out into the trees in the sky and I can focus on nothing but the colors.
Whatever position I feel like at that moment. Sometimes I sit on the couch or on the bed, sometimes on a cushion on the floor, and sometimes I just curl up in bed to meditate.
I usually meditate in the traditional cross legged position, but you can even meditate on the couch or lying down if that’s more comfortable for you
That depends. My main goal is just to meditate. It doesn’t matter when or how. I usually meditate sitting cross legged on a pillow on the floor. But I also meditate laying down in bed, sitting in my office chair, or even outside on a walk. I do whatever I need to do to fit in my daily meditation.
I tend to sit in a chair tho I prefer the couch or the lazy boy because I'm able to relax more. I used to do the floor and sit cross legged but as i grow old I get stiff. I need to work on my flexibility and fitness so I can get back on the floor. Being on the floor makes me feel more in tune and like I'm doing a better job of meditation.
Hi there, it depends on the time of day. If I meditate in the morning right after waking up, I make sure to sit upright to ensure I don’t drift into sleep again. If I do a “Deep Sleep” guided meditation at night I lay on my back. Every other time in betweenI go based on how I’m feelings. There are times I’d rather be laying down and others I like to sit upright against a wall. Go with how you feel. There’s no “right” or “wrong” way to meditate 😊
I prefer laying down. Meditation has transformed my sleep! It was so hard for me to fall asleep! Now I’m out before the app is finished
I usually lie down because I like to feel my weight is evenly distributed. Sometimes I lie with lots of pillows behind me, 1/2 sitting up, but this tends to put pressure on my lower back.
My favorite is Lotus. However, I meditate several times a day so sometimes I do so laying down or I might do a mindfulness meditation while doing something like Yoga or actively involved in Aromatherapy. But Lotus is where I practice Contemplative Prayer Meditation, my favorite.
- How do you meditate? What should meditating consist of? How can I make it most effective?
- How long did you meditate for when your first started?
- How do you maintain your habits when recovering from an injury?
- Does meditation ever get easier with practice?
- How much, how long and how often do you meditate?
- How does you meditation routine look? Do you do it in the morning or evening, etc.?
- How often per day, how long, and what kind of meditation do you have?
- What is the basic right technique for meditation?
- How do you get your mind to stay centered when you meditate? Mine keeps drifting into thoughts?
- How did you start meditating?