Altino Da cunha
Sometimes I sit upright on the ground, the other times when I don’t feel like sitting, I just lie down on my back, totally relaxed and then meditate.
I usually meditate at the end of my bed sitting upright. But I also meditate in cushions when they are available or the floor or carpet.
I’m usually sitting, but if I’m home I like to recline on the couch facing the window look and look out into the trees in the sky and I can focus on nothing but the colors.
Whatever position I feel like at that moment. Sometimes I sit on the couch or on the bed, sometimes on a cushion on the floor, and sometimes I just curl up in bed to meditate.
I usually meditate in the traditional cross legged position, but you can even meditate on the couch or lying down if that’s more comfortable for you
That depends. My main goal is just to meditate. It doesn’t matter when or how. I usually meditate sitting cross legged on a pillow on the floor. But I also meditate laying down in bed, sitting in my office chair, or even outside on a walk. I do whatever I need to do to fit in my daily meditation.
I tend to sit in a chair tho I prefer the couch or the lazy boy because I'm able to relax more. I used to do the floor and sit cross legged but as i grow old I get stiff. I need to work on my flexibility and fitness so I can get back on the floor. Being on the floor makes me feel more in tune and like I'm doing a better job of meditation.
Hi there, it depends on the time of day. If I meditate in the morning right after waking up, I make sure to sit upright to ensure I don’t drift into sleep again. If I do a “Deep Sleep” guided meditation at night I lay on my back. Every other time in betweenI go based on how I’m feelings. There are times I’d rather be laying down and others I like to sit upright against a wall. Go with how you feel. There’s no “right” or “wrong” way to meditate 😊
I prefer laying down. Meditation has transformed my sleep! It was so hard for me to fall asleep! Now I’m out before the app is finished
I usually lie down because I like to feel my weight is evenly distributed. Sometimes I lie with lots of pillows behind me, 1/2 sitting up, but this tends to put pressure on my lower back.
My favorite is Lotus. However, I meditate several times a day so sometimes I do so laying down or I might do a mindfulness meditation while doing something like Yoga or actively involved in Aromatherapy. But Lotus is where I practice Contemplative Prayer Meditation, my favorite.
- How can I ease into meditation at longer intervals?
- What time of day would you recommend for meditating?
- Can you suggest a confidence meditation?
- I sometimes have to work the night shift, how should I handle my evening routine?
- What do you do when you notice your mind is wandering away during meditation?
- Do you use an app for meditation? Which is your favorite?
- How do you stay consistent with a meditation habit?
- What am I supposed to do with my hands when meditating?
- How do l continue to become fabulous when there’s so much going on in my life right now?
- What is the best moment in the day to meditate? How much time should I make for it?