For me it’s better to do it in the morning so I have completed it as part of the first few things of my day. This helps to prevent life from getting in the way of me doing meditation.
Morning for me helps set up the day in a mindful and peaceful way.
The evening is as you say a nice winding down experience.
Try one option for a few weeks and see if it works for you. Then try the other
I find it easier to meditate in the morning. Most things are easier to do in the morning, but sometimes you must return to focusing on your own breath. I use Headspace and have done so for 400-500 hours.
Definitely earlier in the day as I start my day. Before any of the challenges begin. I am more proactive in the morning than reactive in the evening.
I find it easier to do earlier in the day. Because I’m not distracted by other things that are going on in the evening of trying to get dinner ready eating and spending time with my beloved.
- What do you usually think about or where does your thoughts head you when meditating? How do you control it.
- Is body position important for meditation?
- What do you feel/how do you feel when you are meditating?
- What should I focus on during meditation ?
- What is your favorite type of meditation and why?
- How do you feel when you meditate? Do you get the emptiness (or fullness) inside you? What changes does your mind go through? Do you feel spatial, serene?
- Do you also feel like meditation is about surrender?
- What is your favourite guided meditation?
- What you do when you feeel physical pain?
- How long can some one meditate