just now I had an experience I did not like on this app I felt like the meditation that I went into was a little bit mean to me and didn't give me enough time to bask in my loving light and instead wanted me to focus on the parts of me that made me uncomfortable and feel bad
Early on, I meditated to clear my head of anger and resentment towards someone who yelled at me. It did not work – I had a timer set up for 20 minutes and when it dinged I had been doing nothing but imagining other ways the conversation had gone and devastating insults to wittily drop should I meet him again. I fostered my fury, rather than defused it, and I was tense for days.
Fel Cia Z.
I’m not sure how much this counts in a “horror story”, but as I was meditating tonight, my thoughts drifted back to the past when I was with my abusive ex. The memories nearly jarred me from the meditation.
I don’t really have a horror story. But I have gotten so sleepy I had to stop before. I’ve also been so overwhelmed by my whirling mind that I just had to quit.
- How do you meditate at work without being perceived as “dozing off”?
- Do you prefer background music or quiet while you meditate?
- Do you prefer meditating in the mornings or evenings?
- What are some tips for someone just starting out with meditation?
- Any good techniques on how to stop your mind wandering while meditating or will it just take lots of practice?
- How do you deal with pain from traumas while meditating and how do you access and release these experiences to fully let them go?
- What do you thing of, while meditating?
- Where is the best place to meditate?
- What type of meditation do you use e.g. guided, breathing etc
- Relationship issues in any form, how do you cope to release tension and heartache?