I have been a loner most of my life, I suppose that is why I prefer to do it alone. Sorry, that I can't help you much. I hope you are happy with The Fabulous. I love it! I never feel alone and the habits we do with each journey helps me to feel better about myself. I find myself doing things for ME! I am blessed with a wonderful and very funny man, with whom I am married 60 years. We have 3 sons who married and divorced their 1st wives. They all remarried very different women and they are very happy. We have 6 women they have brought into our lives, along with 9 grandchildren, one of whom just married a very sweet young lady! I refuse to let go of the 1st wives, so they and their gentlemen are a great part of our family. The grandkids are close to us, as well as their parents.
However, I don't think I'd be opposed to meditating with a group or a partner. I'm sure there are benefits to that, too, that I'm just not aware of.
I know I just answered your question without actually answering your question, but I try to contribute something to each of these questions.
- What do you think about when you meditate?
- I just have such a hard time not letting my thoughts get in the way, any suggestions?
- What do people “get “out of meditation?
- Is there a position in which you feel more easy to concentrate?
- What time is needed for meditation? Should it be different in the morning and in the evening? If you sometimes fall asleep during meditation, what should you do?
- In meditation. Is your mind supposed to be clear or can you meditate on something positive (or both)?
- How do you sit straight but relaxed?
- When meditating are there easier ways to focus instead of visualizing my breath? I have a hard time concentrating and keeping my mind from wandering when meditating. Does this get better with practice? And what are tips to get better?
- Sometime, while meditating I feel the urge to open my eyes. It’s better to open them or trying to focus harder?
- How do you know when you’re comfortable enough to start meditating without a guided meditation?