I don't feel ready to meditate without guidance, I'll be ready to start when I feel confident with the training I do for myself
For me, it's when I continue to meditate long after the guided meditation has ended. Once I see that I can use the techniques in the guided meditation after it's over, I apply them later on without the guided meditation
I've never gotten to the point where I could, due to lack of consistency. I'm easily distracted and have got a busy brain, it's hard for me to focus.
I would say, even if not doing a guided meditation, use a timer, so you don’t fall asleep or overthink when to stop meditating. Try to give yourself a minute to get comfy.
- How do you position yourself during meditation?
- Have you considered going to a short meditation retreat?
- Yes. How exactly does one calm one’s mind in order to meditate? Like how can I quiet my mind completely in order to experience peace?
- Does meditation need to be done the same time every day?
- How do you meditate to get focused?
- How do you keep yourself focused on meditation?
- At times I have difficulty staying awake when I meditate in the morning. Does it happen to you too? How do you stay awake?
- What good meditation resources/apps do you use once you’ve progressed from the in-app ones?
- What changes do you see in yourself when you meditate daily?
- My mind drifts off too much during meditation, what should I do about it?