I started meditation in my yoga classes 6 years ago, real guided meditation. That had a huge impact on my life and my person. I was more mindful of my own body, more focused and more serene in my everyday life. But that’s not what I’m living now. I was in law school back then.
Adding meditation and journaling in my day now is great but it takes more time and with work as a lawyer and school part time (because yes, why not, tax lawyers are in demand), I feel like I’m adding +3 mindfulness/happiness -2 stress/to do/less time to sleep. So, as I said, overall it’s positive, but I’m trying to find a way to manage my journey so I can make more of it.
As you meditate you get what type of thoughts you get and the ability to not get drowned in those thoughts. Makes me calm as well and it is my self care routine
- What music should I meditate to and for how long??😇
- What is your favorite spot to meditate?
- Do you use mantras while you meditate? And if so, which ones work well for you?
- What is the easiest way to get rid of a distracted mind during meditation?
- What is the best way to meditate? It is best to have a longer time limit or start with a slower time limit?
- Is it bad that I don’t try to be present? I can very easily get focused on my body and senses so it’s not like I can’t be present. It’s just most of the time I use meditation as a way to jump start my mind to create and focusing on my breath doesn’t really did that. It’s like the meditation is a travel agent setting my mind off so I can follow where it goes.
- How long do you tend to mediate for each day?
- Do you have any fun meditation techniques, that makes meditation fun and motivating to do?
- I struggle keeping myself concentrated with meditation, how can I overcome that? Thx
- What apps do you use for meditating?