I started meditation in my yoga classes 6 years ago, real guided meditation. That had a huge impact on my life and my person. I was more mindful of my own body, more focused and more serene in my everyday life. But that’s not what I’m living now. I was in law school back then.
Adding meditation and journaling in my day now is great but it takes more time and with work as a lawyer and school part time (because yes, why not, tax lawyers are in demand), I feel like I’m adding +3 mindfulness/happiness -2 stress/to do/less time to sleep. So, as I said, overall it’s positive, but I’m trying to find a way to manage my journey so I can make more of it.
As you meditate you get what type of thoughts you get and the ability to not get drowned in those thoughts. Makes me calm as well and it is my self care routine
- Do you prefer background music or quiet while you meditate?
- Do you prefer meditating in the mornings or evenings?
- What are some tips for someone just starting out with meditation?
- Any good techniques on how to stop your mind wandering while meditating or will it just take lots of practice?
- How do you deal with pain from traumas while meditating and how do you access and release these experiences to fully let them go?
- What do you thing of, while meditating?
- Where is the best place to meditate?
- What type of meditation do you use e.g. guided, breathing etc
- Relationship issues in any form, how do you cope to release tension and heartache?
- Where is the best place to meditate ?