Overall though, I’d say I’m much more able to concentrate now than I was when I started…. so I guess the answer is yes 🙂 but expecting a truly linear progression might be unrealistic.
I can focus for longer because I am getting used to being mindful. Learning to control my breathing and clear my mind is a powerful tool.
The more you try the better you will get at it. The most important thing is to not beat up yourself if you can't focus.
Rather, ask yourself "What can I do differently?" Experiment.
- How do you feel after meditation?
- How do you meditate well through illness or feeling pain? I find I struggle to breathe gently if I’m snuffling with a heavy cold and find it difficult to find peaceful calm in the face of persistent pain. Does anyone have strategies for meditating through these sort of challenges?
- Do you feel that meditation helps you?
- When do you find it easier to meditate: early in the day or to help wind down at night?
- How does one move from guided meditations to self directed meditation?
- How do I suppose to feel when meditate?
- How often do you recommend meditation?
- Best application to help me meditate?
- What part of meditation is your favorite?
- How do you motivate yourself to accomplish your habits when you’re busy?