1. Lie flat on the ground
2. Raise legs to a comfortable height, slowly
3. Lower legs together, slowly.
4. Repeat 6-10 times.
-hold at the top for an extra challenge, and increase the hold times as you get better.
– feel free to repeat the set, after doing some breathing exercises (in for 4, hold for 2, out for 6)
– start the angle as low as you like, it’s really hard holding your legs even 10cm off the ground!
– as your flexibility increases, you can try to get the vertical angle.
The side scissor.
1. Lie straight on side wth arms in the recovery position – elbow crooked, with head on other arm/shoulder.
2. Slowly raise one leg
3. Slowly lower leg.
4. Repeat 6-10 times and then turn on other side and repeat with the other leg.
– for an extra challenge, hold at the top, and raise and lower the leg as slow as you can!
– the angle isn’t important, it’s the level of control maintained; so start as low or high as you choose, and increase the angle as your flexibility increases!
- Stretching always hurts more in the morning than it does later in the day when my body is more awake and warmed up. Is there a way to wake my body up faster in my morning routine without having to run around?
- Any suggestions for stretches I can incorporate at work without getting weird looks?
- 👀 I’ve never had anyone answer my questions here when I’ve asked. Do me a favor? Give me your best pep talk 😁 Inspire me 🙆🏻♀️🎉🖤
- What do you use to get more stretching exercises other than the 10 minutes of guided stretching on fabulous?
- Why is my body always sore. I don’t work out or anything but for some reason I always have sore muscles
- If ju can’t get a pose done correctly, do you skip it or do you keep trying every day? If so, how do you treat your self when you make it/don’t make it? Why?
- Yes. Can you give me some exemples of Stretch habits?
- in your experience have you found that one minute several times a day is enough to create a lasting change in flexibility for very tight muscles?
- Do you recommend stretching before warming up your muscles or the opposite?
- What parts of your body need the most stretching in the morning?