A mixture of stretches that feel good. Cat/Cow is great for your back. Down Dog. Plank. Front bend. Cobra. Tricep and bicep curls. Windmill your shoulders. Gently tilt your head to the right and left shoulder and stretch the trapezius muscle. All stretching is good! Try to stretch every joint, muscle group/body part. Don’t forget your face! 🙂
I like to do leg body stretches. I sit on floor, open legs wide, grab hold of bottom of my foot and bring my chin down to my knee which gives me a great stretch all the way through my arms, back and legs.
I focus on the muscles that hurt when moving wrong (shoulders, mostly) and on the muscles that I want to improve elasticity (legs). So I just look for stretches that hit those areas and try to copy them the best I can until the muscles burn.
The two best stretches I recommend are cat/cow and any spinal twist. If you are going to limit to two I would pick those. Now, it its two a DAY I would start with neck rolls and neck stretches day 1, shoulder rolls and YWTLs day 2, spinal twists both seated and floor and cat/cow day 3, straight leg raises and butterfly day 4 and sun salutations day 5, warriors on day 6 and ankle and wrist rolls and happy baby on day 7.
- What types of stretches do you do in the morning (if any)? Do you have a few recommendations that really work for you?
- Do you bounce or hold your stretch?
- What are good ways to stretch your feet and hands?
- Do prefer to stretch before sleeping or when you wake up?
- Is it best to stretch in the morning or before bed?
- What is your favorite way to stretch your neck?
- Dose any one have a really good stretching routine, because I would really like one but I have not found any really good ones that I can do at home.
- Name three sensations other than the physical burn you love about getting your stretch on?
- Bounce or no bounce in your stretch?
- What kind of stretches would you recommend for someone who has very limited mobility in their joints/overweight/unfit etc…