I believe it can be very effective to use a thicker yoga mat, or to double up if your tailbone tends to rub against the mat in an uncomfortable way.
This is not a problem for me but if it's uncomfortable for you go ahead and double the mat. I'd like to put a towel on top for tactile comfort, and I have also found that my favorite place to do stretch workouts is on the grass with a mat and a towel on top.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?