I usually spend 2-3 minutes lying flat on my back to check in with my body and see what needs attention that night. I like to make sure my muscles are slightly warm before stretching so a little light cardio for 5-8 minutes. And then I like to work from my legs up (larger muscles first while they're freshly warmed up) working muscle group by muscle group, focusing in feet , back, hands and neck ( where we're hold stress during the day). I try to end my evening stretching in dead man's pose to finally calm my muscles and my mind.
If you want to relax before bed then start outside of bed doing light stretches then slowly do more stretches sitting up in bed and then roll down for the final stretches that get less intense and more relaxing to help unwind.
I like to use stretching as a way to slow down physically and mentally. Concentrate on your breathing as you stretch and don’t rush. Just dedicate at least 10 minutes with no screens, no stimulation and relax before bed.
- When in your morning routine do you find is best to do your stretches?
- Are there any specific short stretch routines that you have?
- what is the best stretching exercise in the afternoon?
- How do you feel after a Fabulous stretch?
- Best stretching app?
- when and how long do you usually stretch?
- How often do you stretch and how long?
- How many time a day should I stretch
- The BEST stretch for your sciatic nerve?
- What do you think about when stretching?