The length of your stretch session is dependent upon you and your needs at that time. A good starting place is 5 mins. That gives you time to break down each limb and focus on them individually: My routine has been about 1 minute a piece, per limb (Both arms and legs), and a good final full body back stretch for the final minute. You may experience a time where you feel you need more stretching due to increased activity, injury or something of that nature. Don't be afraid to adjust your times as much as you see fit to reach your desired goal.
it’s not common knowledge, but stretching shouldn’t involve exertion and strain
the focus should be on relaxing the muscles, using the same mindful techniques and skills as body scan relaxation
use the sensions of tension and tightness you feel as your guide for where to steer your relaxation efforts
the result should be be an enjoyable and calming stretching experience
- What’s the best stretches I can do to maximize my body?
- How do you stretch to relieve stiffness in the neck?
- How long did it take you to start noticing a difference?
- Sould I do it before breakfast ? Or should I do it after breakfast ? And whats about exercising ? Sould I do it before or after breakfast ??
- When should I stretch? When I wake up or before doing exercise or after doing excercise?
- Good stretching routines to follow along with?
- Do you only stretch in the morning or do you sometimes take a break from work to stretch, too?
- What is a static stretch?
- Best stretches for anxiety?
- How long is it recommended to do stretching?