The length of your stretch session is dependent upon you and your needs at that time. A good starting place is 5 mins. That gives you time to break down each limb and focus on them individually: My routine has been about 1 minute a piece, per limb (Both arms and legs), and a good final full body back stretch for the final minute. You may experience a time where you feel you need more stretching due to increased activity, injury or something of that nature. Don't be afraid to adjust your times as much as you see fit to reach your desired goal.
it’s not common knowledge, but stretching shouldn’t involve exertion and strain
the focus should be on relaxing the muscles, using the same mindful techniques and skills as body scan relaxation
use the sensions of tension and tightness you feel as your guide for where to steer your relaxation efforts
the result should be be an enjoyable and calming stretching experience
- What are your favourite neck stretches?
- Which stretched do you find most useful to relieve joint pain and lower back pain ?
- Do you stretch longer than the required minute?
- How long it’s effective to keep each stretching position?
- Do you think that regular progressive stretching will make your joints be more flexible?
- What is a good stretch for the neck
- When you stretch do you feel where you are stretching with you’re hand?
- I hurt my left lower leg when walking , in back , wonder what stretch to best do in order to get normal leg movement again ?
- How do you feel when stretching?
- What are the best quick and easy yet proven effective stretch exercises? And best exercises for me being a 45 year old health concise person be please.