The length of your stretch session is dependent upon you and your needs at that time. A good starting place is 5 mins. That gives you time to break down each limb and focus on them individually: My routine has been about 1 minute a piece, per limb (Both arms and legs), and a good final full body back stretch for the final minute. You may experience a time where you feel you need more stretching due to increased activity, injury or something of that nature. Don't be afraid to adjust your times as much as you see fit to reach your desired goal.
it’s not common knowledge, but stretching shouldn’t involve exertion and strain
the focus should be on relaxing the muscles, using the same mindful techniques and skills as body scan relaxation
use the sensions of tension and tightness you feel as your guide for where to steer your relaxation efforts
the result should be be an enjoyable and calming stretching experience
- Do you ever try stretching in the shower? I love it!
- The stretch help to get alertness in the morning?
- How can you get motivated to stretch?
- What routine is the best for maintaining your daily routine?
- do you prefer to stretch in the morning or night?
- Are there any stretches that seem to wake you up moreso than others?
- what is your favorite stretch?
- How long should I stretch for?
- Should you hold stretch poses, and if so, how long?
- What do you think is the best stretch routine? Would it be focusing on the whole body all time or do you prefer stretching the legs most or the back maybe the neck? Do some points of the body need more attention than the others?