The length of your stretch session is dependent upon you and your needs at that time. A good starting place is 5 mins. That gives you time to break down each limb and focus on them individually: My routine has been about 1 minute a piece, per limb (Both arms and legs), and a good final full body back stretch for the final minute. You may experience a time where you feel you need more stretching due to increased activity, injury or something of that nature. Don't be afraid to adjust your times as much as you see fit to reach your desired goal.
it’s not common knowledge, but stretching shouldn’t involve exertion and strain
the focus should be on relaxing the muscles, using the same mindful techniques and skills as body scan relaxation
use the sensions of tension and tightness you feel as your guide for where to steer your relaxation efforts
the result should be be an enjoyable and calming stretching experience
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?