- I’m not very flexible, so even trying to stretch my legs is hard. What’s the easiest way to (somewhat) become more flexible?
- What are you doing about that if you have cold for example?
- What does stretching do after workout?
- Any tips on the best stretches for before and after a cycling workout?
- I do my usual stretching routine before working out, which is at 8 p.m. When I do it with my morning ritual at 6 a.m. I have a much smaller range of motion and am much more sore. Is there any way to counter this?
The length of your stretch session is dependent upon you and your needs at that time. A good starting place is 5 mins. That gives you time to break down each limb and focus on them individually: My routine has been about 1 minute a piece, per limb (Both arms and legs), and a good final full body back stretch for the final minute. You may experience a time where you feel you need more stretching due to increased activity, injury or something of that nature. Don't be afraid to adjust your times as much as you see fit to reach your desired goal.
it’s not common knowledge, but stretching shouldn’t involve exertion and strain
the focus should be on relaxing the muscles, using the same mindful techniques and skills as body scan relaxation
use the sensions of tension and tightness you feel as your guide for where to steer your relaxation efforts
the result should be be an enjoyable and calming stretching experience
- What are the best stretches and exercises to improve flexibility?
- Has anyone ever experienced heel pain as a result of stretching?
- What areas of the body you focus more when stretching?
- Where in your morning routine do you place stretching?
- Which stretch excercises are best for the lower back?
- What are some go-to arm stretches?
- How do you remember to stretch at work?
- Whats your favorite stretch/ yoga pose/ exercise that gets you limber?
- What stretches do you use to become more flexible?
- How do you stretch your legs