I have a few simple stretches that I do before bed. Some days that’s all I do. Other days, it feels good and i’m Not ready to turn out the light… so I do a few more.
On nights when I have one or more particularly tight muscles not stretched by my regular stretches, I try to add in something more.
If you have a few simple exercises and you do them regularly they do help. If you get into the stretch and hold it for 30 seconds on each side your muscles really have a chance to let go and relax… and your minute is up.
Best way to know, though? Try it and see!
I say listen to your body as it really does know best. Aim for a minute and if your body is aching for more than go for it! If it doesn’t, that’s all good too.
Wishing you all the best on your fabulous journey.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?