I cycle loads, so always the 3 major leg stretches, then shoulders and arms, occasionally abs by leaning forward and back and twisting the waist. I'd say it really depends on what you're most actively doing and stretch accordingly.
- How would you recommend significantly increasing flexibility?
- I’m not quite sure on how to stretch in the morning. I don’t wanna do anything too heavy and I’m wondering if anybody has a good routine?
- What kind of stretch routine do you find most beneficial?
- Do uou strect before or after a work out or both?
- What stretches are good for neck pain?
I do a Yoga stretching routine. Starting with neck, shoulders, arms. Then, legs and back. Try to breath normaly during the routine. Do not hold your breath.
Personally I have to do a lot of hip and hamstring stretches. When and how often you stretch is more important than what stretches you do though. I find it best to stretch first thing after I wake up and last thing before bed. Find the stretches your body needs most and then commit to doing them every morning and night. You can even set that up in this app.
A routine that can incorporate all major muscle groups works best. If you’re sitting at your desk most the day, then something that gives more attention to hamstrings and back (including shoulders) would be appropriate. I’m moving around most of the day so I like stretches that include bending and hip rotation.
For stretching, I always do whatever is comfortable in my environment. So, if I'm in the car, I stretch my arms, neck and ankles. If I'm at home, I stretch everything! It's all about doing what I can, where I can, to promote stretching becoming a regular habit. Stretch it out!
I like to make sure that each part of my body has had a chance to stretch and move, and that by the end of the routine I feel like I have accomplished a goal, and set an intention for the day.
I like the 10 minute routine on this app followed by some additional arm stretches because I am a boxer and my arms are often sore.
I stretch my arms up and then tilt to each side. I stretch my arms behind me (usually I hear a pop then- so nice). Then I touch down to my toes (with a bend in my knees). I listen to where my body feels tight or sore and find a stretch that relieves that tightness. I don’t do a stretching routine like sun salutation until later in the day. I always make sure to keep my shoulders away from my ears and to stretch to a comfortable limit- never into pain. It’s a warmup for my body after being still so long with sleep. Good luck! I hope you find something that works for you!
- What are good stretches for the morning when you get up?
- Stretches or exercises I could do to relieve lower and upper back pain? I have pain along my spine
- What kind of stretches do you like to do for your lower back and hamstrings?
- How does stretching help my brain?
- How many muscle groups do you target per stretch session?
- What type of exercises can I do beside sit-ups? They are too strenuous for me.
- I want to know how to stretch my glutes.
- What part of fabulous can help me with anxiety?
- How long do you usually have to stretch to actually have an effect on your body?
- Do you find it’s easier to stretch in the morning right after you wake up or at night before bed?