I’ve been doing the one-minute stretches for a few nights and I really just stretch my legs, one out at a time, and then both, and then I roll my wrists a little and that’s really it.
I have a little yoga routine that I love, I enjoy it so much it kind of makes me feel like a kid again. Mountain pose to a toe touch (I’m not all the way there yet but it’s getting better). Shaking my arms out, going down to downward dog, to child’s pose. Rotate your neck a few times too, sit up straight but not rigid, and draw circles in the air with your nose. I’ve noticed that downward dog to child’s pose helps get my back ready, and stretching my neck helps me get comfortable almost immediately. So important to stretch before bed!
“Legs up the wall” is supposed to help. I have often done it when in severe pain in my feet, and it offers relief which does help me to sleep better. I’d like to know as well of any others!
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?