I’m not very organised but it’s easy to stock up on frozen berries/fruit and spinach. And it’s easy to keep a fun of protein. After a few days you start to feel the energy kicking in
I will use unsweetened almond milk, banana and berries for mine, but you can also add all kinds of vegetables. It’s super easy to meal prep, as you can just add all your ingredients for a portion into a ziplock bag and throw it in the freezer. Then for breakfast you just add whatever type of dairy free milk you want, blend and go! I will often just throw in some oatmeal and water, since that is always at hand and nutmilks can be expensive. Some people add juice, but if you are worried about carbs, adding more sugar, might not be the way to go! 🙂
You’ll need to mix your own oatmeal for best results: my simplest, cheapest variety is:
Mix it, add water and cover it the evening before. In the morning the oats will have absorbed water. You can also add water and boil it to get warm breakfast.
If you need sweetness, add a teaspoon of honey.
- What’s the best option for a healthy vegetarian breakfast for someone who doesn’t have much time in the morning?
- Got some favorite overnight oatmeal recipes?
- How do you just get out of bed and make breakfast without laying in bed for an hour?
- What is your favorite healthy and quick get-going breakfast?
- How long after waking up do you eat your breakfast?
- How do you account for mornings where you have too many other responsibilities? I have a baby, a dog, a spouse, and a job that sometimes starts way too early.
- Having trouble breaking the cereal habit. Any tips?
- What does Fabulous mean by a Great Breakfast? Are there certain parameters that can demote it to merely a Good or Passable Breakfast? I have muesli and sometimes beans and tomatoes on toast. Sometimes I wonder if the toast or muesli (which is not a pure protein source) bring down my score, and if I really should be checking this habit as Done. Thoughts?
- What do you do on days when you have to leave the house quickly?
- What should I try to eat on the mornings I have no appetite?