And then more handfuls later as a snack, though I would never get this for myself.
Only the [vanilla optional] almond milk that I would prefer heated gently with honey and sprinkled cinammon.
I don’t eat cereal for breakfast and here is why: it’s full of empty carbs, too much sugar and the so called vitamins are added chemicals. Who knows what and if my body absorbs any of it. Real fruit, eggs (or any other protein) is my daily breakfast. Protein keeps me full, unlike cereal that keeps me hungry or I am hungry an hour later. Fruit has the vitamins my body recognizes and utilizes. I make my eggs in different ways to change it up. When I am in a rush I grab a hard boiled egg (I always have them handy in the fridge). If I have time and want to go fancy I bake a portabella mushroom with spinach, tomato a bit of red onion and add a poached egg, kinda like eggs Benedict without the bread but the mushroom instead.
If I want chocolate, I have good quality chocolate. Just a piece or two to satisfy my cravings.
I hope I don’t sound too harsh. I guess one can tell, I really don’t like cereal 🤪
If you do want to have cereals for breakfast have them once in a while. Oats porridge with low fat milk and a fruit would be a good choice
You could also have muesli with no sugar or salt
- What’s the best option for a healthy vegetarian breakfast for someone who doesn’t have much time in the morning?
- Got some favorite overnight oatmeal recipes?
- How do you just get out of bed and make breakfast without laying in bed for an hour?
- What is your favorite healthy and quick get-going breakfast?
- How long after waking up do you eat your breakfast?
- How do you account for mornings where you have too many other responsibilities? I have a baby, a dog, a spouse, and a job that sometimes starts way too early.
- Having trouble breaking the cereal habit. Any tips?
- What does Fabulous mean by a Great Breakfast? Are there certain parameters that can demote it to merely a Good or Passable Breakfast? I have muesli and sometimes beans and tomatoes on toast. Sometimes I wonder if the toast or muesli (which is not a pure protein source) bring down my score, and if I really should be checking this habit as Done. Thoughts?
- What do you do on days when you have to leave the house quickly?
- What should I try to eat on the mornings I have no appetite?