If it's a coffee, pretend you are the most pro barista and make your coffee with great care, focussing on each step of the process and enjoying it too.
If it's tea, pretend you're in Japan and have a special tea ceremony – wash your mug, dry it, smell the tea leaves before you brew/place the tea bag into the water.
Aim to take as long with this as you would with the preparation of your breakfast.
Then, if you can, add a small snack into the mix. So that you have something to wake up your tummy with. It could be a fruit or a cereal bar.
Then before you start your day, make sure you have another healthy snack with you ready so that hunger doesn't catch you off guard before lunch time!
We're learning more and more about the benifits of a proper sleep! It trumps any meditation, exercise or anything else, it's how we consolidate memories and learning and kick out anything useless.
But anyway. If you wake early and aren't hungry don't force yourself to eat! There's no real benefit to that so skip the habit until you are ready to eat. If you leave your house early be sure to take some fruit and nuts with you for when the hunger does strike. I always leave the house with an apple, Banana and a shot glass I nabbed from the pub full of organic peanut butter but if you have the time there are thousands of healthy energising recipes you can prepare the night before and just take with you.
In the morning drink water and wait, water will launch digestion.
Take care, Tanja
Othzrwise, start with just bringing fruits with you the first days to eat them a bit later, and then do it earlier and earlier until you reach the correct time.
Good luck, I support you 😉
- Yes. As Indians and, particularly, as South Indians we’ve been raised to begin our day with food like idli, dosa, rice based foodstuff, roti and pulses, potatoes etc. But, those recipes are a lot of work and need prior prep. Also, they seem like they’re full of carbohydrates ( some good protein too, I agree). What breakfast ideas can I incorporate into my schedule if I have about 15 to 20 mins of prep time on my hands every morning?
- What’s the best thing to eat when you’re in a hurry?
- Whether it’s good to eat rice in the morning?
- What’s so great about breakfast?
- Can I eat bacon everyday?
- What are some good and easy to make vegan meals.
- Is coffee healthy?
- Would you eat rice as a breakfast?
- What are some great easy breakfasts for those of us with a very limited budget?
- What are quick breakfast options that will fill me up?