I like the ones with plastic picks. My dentist tells me they’re not as effective as just using floss, but they’re certainly more effective than not flossing. I also like floss that’s less thick, but really I’ll use whatever.
I use the GeoOrganics charcoal fibre floss. It's plastic-free and zero waste, so it brings me a bit of joy compared to basic plastic floss from bog-standard brands (especially tape-style plastic, which cuts my gums!), and I think the fact that it's slightly fibrous means it cleans better than smooth plastic. Is this too much consideration to give to floss? Not if it means I'm pleased about using it!
Disposable forks, easy and convenient (exactly what flossing needs to be if you want to make the habit of doing it EVERY night) and not that expensive if you buy the right brand.
Honestly, I use those little plastic kids flossers that you hold and they taste like fruit haha, I got them from the dollar store.
I use strawberry Cocofloss because it tastes yummy and also leaves my teeth feeling extra pristine clean after I brush my teeth.
I use the floss picks, usually my mom gives them to me. I like those but honestly hate flossing my bottom teeth near my permanent retainer. It’s annoying, and the picks allow me to get in there a little more than just floss-especially if I don’t have a threader!
Tom’s Naturally Waxed. It’s not that great. It’s too thick and really hard to get between my teeth. The other floss I have used I glide and that was great!
- Is it really helpful to have the floss habit?
- What are the benefits of flossing? But I mean, visible ones. I’ve not been flossing for more then 10 years and nothing happened.
- Do you have a travel floss?
- Does having a scented floss actually do anything?
- What flossing tools can I use to keep from damaging my gums? Mint dental floss sticks between my teeth and is hard to use. Any suggestions for good alternative ways to floss?
- Are you supposed to floss after every meal? How do you do that if you aren’t home?
- How to I get in to the habit of flossing again?
- Do you think flossing is important? If you don’t or do, why so?
- It doesn’t hurt your teeth to floss more than once a day, right?
- Do you recommend any particular type of floss for teeth with wide gaps between them?