(I slice the bananas and freeze them on parchment paper on a baking tray overnight.)
- What types of breakfast foods is best for you?
- Can you suggest more breakfast ideas?
- Do you know any tasty recipes you can make in advance for a quick breakfast? I have some but would like to find out more 😊
- What healthy, cheap and quick breakfast can I eat every day? At this point I just eat cereal with milk. It is quick and cheap but not very healthy.
- What time do you eat breakfast and why?
1/4 cup spinach (roughly, I just grab a small handful )
3/4 cup frozen berries
1/2 banana (fresh or frozen)
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp honey
12-16 oz almond milk
It’s about 350-400 calories, tastes good, and it keeps you full for a while.
1 cup almond milk
1/3 cup peanut butter
2-3 pitted dates
1/4 cup oats (quick or old fashioned)
2 bananas, peeled, cut into chunks and frozen
1/2 cup ice
The veggies could be a handful of spinach or kale, 1/4 avocado, or riced cauliflower.
I use pea protein powder and switch up my non-dairy milk often. If you don't use protein powder you can use plain Greek yogurt (I LOVE Chobani)
1 c unsweetened almond milk
1/2 c low fat Greek plain yoghurt
1 c frozen berries (usually seeded berries)
1 scoop GNC soy protein
1 tbsp Stevia (optional)
3/4 c. Mixed Berries
(Frozen or fresh)
1 c. Greens (spinach,
2 tsp. Matcha Tea
2 tbsp. Chia seeds
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tbsp. Flax seeds
1 c. Almond milk
First, take the Chia seeds and stir into 4 tbsp of water. Let stand for 10-15 mins until they become soft and absorb the water.
Add to all ingredients and blend.
Substitute fruits and greens with YOUR favourites to make your own smoothie.
I have this special love for bananas..
So here's my favourite recipe..
Spinach and Banana Smoothie
1- Whole banana, fresh or frozen
½ cup milk
Honey- To taste, as a sweetener (optional)
All you have to do is blend them together.
Benefits of spinach
* It is loaded with vitamins like A, B2, C and K and contains antioxidants and minerals too.
* It has a high nutritional value and has magnesium, manganese, folate, iron, calcium and potassium.
* Low on calories, this green also fights osteoporosis, heart diseases, arthritis and cancer. However it is advisable to eat spinach with vitamin C rich foods as it contains oxalic acid which can reduce the nutritional intake of your body.
Benefits of banana
* Its calorific value is 105 – 250.
* Contains 18% vitamin C, 13% potassium, 12% dietery fibres and 9% manganese. Also, has Vitamin B6 which increases the production of anti-bodies.
* Helps in reducing blood pressure.
I enjoy Blending 2 banana, ice chips, 8 strawberries, three drops of vanilla and almond essence each, a little bit of ground ginger (takes nutrients to the spot and fixes), 1 teaspoon Organic Greens Dietary Supplement (USAD approved)
2 cups frozen fruit
1 Scoop of whey protein
2 Scoops of yogurt
Handful of kale
Scoop of veggie greens
Handful of spinach
1 cup frozen berries
1 tbspn milled chia seeds
1 tbspn flax seeds
1 cup almond milk
Sometimes 1 tspn almond nut butter
2.5 tspn matcha
2.5 tspn ground flaxseed
Spinach (your preference of grams)
- What could be the best breakfast to do when you are in a hurry?
- How do you make sure you prepare a good breakfast in a limited time
- What are good options for a quick but healthy breakfast that isn’t too carb-heavy?
- How much should I eat in the morning?
- How often do you skip breakfast? Do you notice a difference?
- What is a good but simple and easy breakfast to cook?
- What kind of food do you eat? How long usually it takes to prepare?
- How do you make enough time for a good breakfast?
- I eat alone, any tips on making the experience more exciting so I stick to it?
- What’s something low carb?