For me it depends on my mood and the moment. Sometimes it takes a while to enter into a meditative state, other times I can enter quickly. I often just feel when to stop, but if I have something to do after, I set an alarm. For example for 20 minutes. Depending on how much time I've got.
I have heard from those who have practiced a long time that even one minute can help. I think you have to work up to what is right for you. I would say at least 5 minutes really makes a difference. I’m a beginner who finds 10 minutes fine while 15 minutes seems a little long.
- When you find your mind wandering, do you focus on your breathing to help?
- May I know if there is any way to have a meditation session with forest background music
- Can meditation help with physical pain?
- Advices for better meditation… Eyes closed or open? What to think? Good things or life problems?
- How many minutes do you meditate? Do you use an app to help you focus? If so, which one?
- Is it okay to mediate by laying down in bed before you go to bed?
- Is it better to sit or lay down during meditation ?
- Have you used Headspace? How is that going?
- While I try to meditate my mind wanders. I try to concentrate on my breathing but my mind observes the sounds and touch. If I close my eyes, I picture something. What should I do to this state?
- You think is better meditate at morning or at night?