Try taking deep breaths and cocentrate on your breathing for as long as it takes to clear the mind then go back to your natural breath and relax
- What do you guys like about meditation? How do you feel after meditation?
- When do you find it hardest to meditate? When do you find it the easiest?
- What benefits are you feeling after meditation?
- When is the best time to meditate morning or evening and why?
- What has been your greatest life lesson learned to date, as a result of your meditation practice?
The best way to keep your mind focused is to concentrate on the breathing and then if any physical sensation that occurs, Focus on that. If you start the meditation and feel you can't concentrate because of a tight chest etc. Focus on the tight chest. The breath is just an anchor to keep you grounded from thinking, but using the sensations adds a new dimension to keep it fresh and keep you curious.
Always come back to noticing your breath, not trying to fight thoughts but rather accepting them and letting them go.
You can't actually keep your mind focused. Your goal is to simply observe the movements of the mind. Then you might gradually just learn to see that the movements of the mind aren't YOU. And it's unnecessary to identify with those movements.
You can't. Your mind will wander. Just acknowledge that your mind has wandered and return to your meditation. This will happen many times in a meditation session and is part of the process.
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
- Does anyone use a candle when they meditate?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How long before you feel that meditation is working?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
- Is better if you meditate with more people?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?