Try taking deep breaths and cocentrate on your breathing for as long as it takes to clear the mind then go back to your natural breath and relax
- Any healthy eating habits to share?
- Are you defined by what you do?
- How to be constantly motivated to do exercise regularly and completely.
- Are there any similar workout plans to the running one in here (Couch to 5K)? I have found the gradual increase in difficulty very helpful and motivating. Now I’m wondering if similar plans exist for things like yoga, HIIT and so on.
- What is deep work?
The best way to keep your mind focused is to concentrate on the breathing and then if any physical sensation that occurs, Focus on that. If you start the meditation and feel you can't concentrate because of a tight chest etc. Focus on the tight chest. The breath is just an anchor to keep you grounded from thinking, but using the sensations adds a new dimension to keep it fresh and keep you curious.
Always come back to noticing your breath, not trying to fight thoughts but rather accepting them and letting them go.
You can't actually keep your mind focused. Your goal is to simply observe the movements of the mind. Then you might gradually just learn to see that the movements of the mind aren't YOU. And it's unnecessary to identify with those movements.
You can't. Your mind will wander. Just acknowledge that your mind has wandered and return to your meditation. This will happen many times in a meditation session and is part of the process.
- Where do you focus your eyes when they are closed?
- After some practice…can we really trust and make the difference between our intuition voice and our mind voice?
- Do you know whether meditating can help someone heal and recover from a concussion?
- It takes me a while to quiet my thoughts. What tips do you have to quiet the mind?
- What time of day do you like to meditate and if you are religious how do you fit this in with other spiritual practices?
- How do you cope with times where you act out of line with your values/priorities leading to negative consequences where you feel you’ve let yourself down?
- How can we meditate properly?
- What time of day is best for meditating?
- What do you guys focus on while meditating?
- How do you prevent feeling sleepy during meditation?