While I own two business so I can’t fully disconnect. I turn my phone on do not disturb and give my employees a heads up so they know to call twice is necessary. Then I take an hour or so to read, walk or just enjoy my surroundings!
I leave my phone in the living room at night while I’m sleeping in my bedroom. It helps me sleep undisturbed and more soundly.
I get ready for bed, usually stretch/do a little yoga to wind down, and read a chapter or two out of a book before finally hitting the hay
I left my phone in my room and went outside to play with my kids. We laid down in the grass and looked at all the stars ✨ taking time and noticing the nature around me.
I have tried to separate my time before and after with meditation, I know that after meditating I can’t touch my phone or any devices. It doesn’t have to be meditation, you can just breathe and put away any distractions.
Ok I am normally hooked to my phone before bed so I decided to set all my stuff like reminders etc… earlier so I don’t use it as an excuse to touch my phone I have started doing night exercises and speaking to my family more without having my head stuck to my phone and a little meditation
I have made it easy to access Black and White mode on my iPhone. When i’m Ready to unplug, I turn that on. It makes my phone much less appealing.
I disconnect all communication like Wi-Fi, 4G etc. because most of the social channels rely on internet so I don’t get disturbed by it. My phone is just available for emergency calls and texts.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?