While I own two business so I can’t fully disconnect. I turn my phone on do not disturb and give my employees a heads up so they know to call twice is necessary. Then I take an hour or so to read, walk or just enjoy my surroundings!
I leave my phone in the living room at night while I’m sleeping in my bedroom. It helps me sleep undisturbed and more soundly.
I get ready for bed, usually stretch/do a little yoga to wind down, and read a chapter or two out of a book before finally hitting the hay
I left my phone in my room and went outside to play with my kids. We laid down in the grass and looked at all the stars ✨ taking time and noticing the nature around me.
I have tried to separate my time before and after with meditation, I know that after meditating I can’t touch my phone or any devices. It doesn’t have to be meditation, you can just breathe and put away any distractions.
Ok I am normally hooked to my phone before bed so I decided to set all my stuff like reminders etc… earlier so I don’t use it as an excuse to touch my phone I have started doing night exercises and speaking to my family more without having my head stuck to my phone and a little meditation
I have made it easy to access Black and White mode on my iPhone. When i’m Ready to unplug, I turn that on. It makes my phone much less appealing.
I disconnect all communication like Wi-Fi, 4G etc. because most of the social channels rely on internet so I don’t get disturbed by it. My phone is just available for emergency calls and texts.
- What do you do to disconnect& unplug, if your mind is still full of to do’s? How do you prepare to disconnect?
- How do you disconnect from the perceived intense connections and relationships with others?
- I don’t really understand what it means by disconnecting and unplugging?
- How can we disconnect and unplug when we are supposed to be using the Fabulous app (this requires the use of my phone)?
- What’s best to do instead of using my phone before bed?
- Do we need to disconnect an hour before we go to bed or before we go bed?
- Does this mean all screens? Like iPad iPhone tv and laptop into one? Because i watch TV to relax before bed (TV is in the lounge room so I still have to walk to my room afterwards) I’m disciplined with only watching one episode. Then disconnect is i just use my phone only for the fabulous app or urgent family messages then put it on silent. Is that enough?
- Any tricks for not being tempted by your phone?
- How do I stop my self from watching YouTube or Netflix on my laptop till 1:00 am?
- When disconnecting from the phone what’s a good way to insure you won’t be tempted to use it?