I began with taking a minute or two when I first woke up in the morning to lie silently to reflect on the prior night's rest and mentally prepare for the day. Over time, it became a longer amount of time that I I would like or sit and reflect to quiet my mind. I set my alarm daily for 6 am to allow for that quiet time so I don't feel rushed
I find that reading for a little bit helps me to get in the headspace I need to be able to meditate. Even if you’re able to sit still for one minute, that’s better than not having any. Someone once told me that you should be still and meditate for a few minutes each morning, unless you’re really busy, then you should meditate for an hour. It’s really easy to get caught up in our busy lives, and difficult to dedicate the time to be still with ourselves. Try one minute meditations throughout the day if you’re unable to do one or two 10-15 minute ones – you’ll still receive the benefits.
- What kind of meditation do you practice.
- Do you have a meditation guide that you recommend or a particular teacher that you feel is very helpful for a beginner?
- When’s your favorite time of day to meditate?
- What is the best way and when is the best time to meditate
- Do you find guided or unguided meditation helps to clear your mind more?
- Is there a certain position you find that works better? It seems harder to focus when I try to sit super straight.
- Do you prefer guided mediations or just calming sounds? Do you have any tips to make master meditation?
- Can you meditate properly laying down?
- How do you position yourself when you meditate? Do you sit, lie down, or stand?
- What do you visualise when meditating??