I often meditate sitting up on my bed as well. If I can't sleep, I do breathing exercises; mindfully scan my body; or something like that.
I think that one of the most essential points of meditation that anyone can do it anytime, anywhere—even in bed.
Best place to meditate is on a bean bag.
Depression issues aside, if you're not prone to falling asleep or staying in bed longer than you promised yourself, then heck yeah! Laying down when meditating is incredibly soothing. I do it nowadays because my mental state improved over time and things got so much easier.
Hope this helps!
Wishing you happiness and love.
To meditate in bed time you could meditate anywhere you want… It helps to get relaxed calmed and focused.
Obviously a lot of mediations are better done in a comfortable seated position – but ensure you are comfortable and not holding yourself in a position that is unnatural and/or causes pain.
- What are some tips for someone just starting out with meditation?
- Any good techniques on how to stop your mind wandering while meditating or will it just take lots of practice?
- How do you deal with pain from traumas while meditating and how do you access and release these experiences to fully let them go?
- What do you thing of, while meditating?
- Where is the best place to meditate?
- What type of meditation do you use e.g. guided, breathing etc
- Relationship issues in any form, how do you cope to release tension and heartache?
- Where is the best place to meditate ?
- How do you motivate yourself to meditate when it just feels boring? Once I start, I’m always glad I did, but getting over the hump to start is often hard.
- What do you think about while meditating?