I often meditate sitting up on my bed as well. If I can't sleep, I do breathing exercises; mindfully scan my body; or something like that.
I think that one of the most essential points of meditation that anyone can do it anytime, anywhere—even in bed.
Best place to meditate is on a bean bag.
Depression issues aside, if you're not prone to falling asleep or staying in bed longer than you promised yourself, then heck yeah! Laying down when meditating is incredibly soothing. I do it nowadays because my mental state improved over time and things got so much easier.
Hope this helps!
Wishing you happiness and love.
To meditate in bed time you could meditate anywhere you want… It helps to get relaxed calmed and focused.
Obviously a lot of mediations are better done in a comfortable seated position – but ensure you are comfortable and not holding yourself in a position that is unnatural and/or causes pain.
- What do you do in the evening if you’re too tired to meditate?
- How are different techniques of meditation compatible with each other?
- How can I avoid binge eating?
- What are some tips that help you manage your distracting thoughts while meditating?
- Should a quiet environment be important when I meditate?
- How do you stay focused on meditations when you feel that you could be doing something else instead of being still for 5-10 minutes?
- How many times do you lose focus when meditating?
- How should I begin meditation as a total beginner?
- How do you keep the negative thoughts away?
- I’m a meditation beginner and I found my mind was always distracted by some memories inside my brain whenever I try to focus on my breath’s inhales and exhales. I know it needs time to practice. However, I want to know if there are some meditation skills I missed or something I was doing incorrectly?