Do things for benefit. Do things to improve your life and/or others. Study a language, get to know people very different from yourself, meditate to understand how you're feeling, clean your space or a shared space, take a walk outside, smile at yourself in a mirror to improve your mood, make art with no thought of anyone else seeing it, take a bath, give yourself a mini spa, indulge in media you've been meaning to. Take a breath and see what you feel like doing.
I usually go to my phone to occupy time, but I’m working on changing that. If I’m at home, I try to read a book or clean or knock off a chore that is on my list. If I do reach for my phone, I’m trying to do to my TED app or another productive app.
- I assume the purpose of unplug and disconnect is to calm yourself and avoiding distractions. I usually read my Kindle book for less than one hour after unplug and disconnect. Does it against the habit?
- How should I be calm about all the messages I can miss ?
- How long do you typically disconnect and unplug?
- How do you manage to unplug every day even in those days that you go to bed latter or you just have all of your schedules messed up?
- How do you break the habit of automatically opening distracting apps? I am dopamine deffecient so social media really perks me up, is there a good habit that replaces it for you?
- How do you motivate yours to read instead of turning on the tv?
- How do I disconnect and unplug without the fear of missing out on something important?
- Would you mind sharing how do you like to disconnect before bed?
- What is disconnecting for you?
- When you disconnect, what do you feel?