Do things for benefit. Do things to improve your life and/or others. Study a language, get to know people very different from yourself, meditate to understand how you're feeling, clean your space or a shared space, take a walk outside, smile at yourself in a mirror to improve your mood, make art with no thought of anyone else seeing it, take a bath, give yourself a mini spa, indulge in media you've been meaning to. Take a breath and see what you feel like doing.
I usually go to my phone to occupy time, but I’m working on changing that. If I’m at home, I try to read a book or clean or knock off a chore that is on my list. If I do reach for my phone, I’m trying to do to my TED app or another productive app.
- I dont really understand what unplug means
- How do you disconnect in the evening
- What time, before sleep seems to be the perfect time to disconnect?
- Does reading a book on a kindle count as unplugging?
- What do you usually do when you disconnect? I get bored and don’t know what to fill my time with.
- How early do you disconnect? Have you noticed a particular time works better?
- What can help anxiety?
- What do you do with your time after you disconnect from technology?
- How do you get yourself to put your phone down?
- What do you do when you have a day where everything is going right, and you have no reason, yet your attitude is just tired and snappy, even if at the start of the day everything was well, happy, and excited?