I take my little notepad and just sit on my bed. I either focus on my breathing and meditate, or I let my mind wander and jot down anything I would like to keep record of.
I set my phone timer to automatically go off by 8pm and turn itself on by 5am. Also I put a timer on apps I spend too much time on, so once the elapse I cannot use app till the following day. Although this requires great discipline as you can always go back and change the time setting
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?