It’s difficult because even when I’m exercising/dancing, I might have music on. I also like to take pictures of nature when I’m out for a walk. For disconnecting, I might do something like color, do arts and crafts, write in a journal, take a nice hot bath, or cook.
I try to do things that bring me far away from the digital: a bike ride, painting, reading a book. Sometimes even if I'm not looking at the phone, I like to have it handy. With these activities even grabbing the phone can be difficult 😉
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?