To get myself to put my phone down I plan out things for the day and I try to keep a routine so that I have certain times to be on my phone. I try to do active things so that I won’t be sitting around tempted to be on my phone.
I have deleted the apps I used the most for 2 weeks now, and my screen time has gone down 2 hours per day. I also found new, small fun things to learn like the rubix cube
I will tell myself that I need to look after myself. Taking time on your phone is okay but taking the time to appreciate and look at how well you are doing and how much better you can make you lifestyle. That motivation determines me to put my phone down and take in what I have.
I struggle at this but I’ll either play music or put a podcast on my speaker or earphones and just put my phone on my shelf and leave it. Or I turn it off completely and put it away somewhere.
- I sometimes cannot disconnect from the news and work and the hectic life around me that I find myself getting anxious and just want to not be around anyone. What is the best way to pause and realize that life is okay and to be present in the moment?
- I usually disconnect for a while in the afternoon and obviously at some point at night. When do you think the best time to unplug and disconnect is?
- Is there anything new you have found to do away from your phone or laptop to sprur on enthusiasm for creativity?
- If you’ve disconnected – how do you tick off “disconnected” in Fabulous lol
- How do you keep your focus while doing something like reading? Do you get bored easily?
- How can I start including more exercise in my lifestyle?
- What are some examples of activities that you do as a replacement for idle Internet browsing?
- How do you unwind yourself quickly as soon as when you wake up
- What other habits help you to disconnect and unplug?
- What entertainment that doesn’t involve the phone/devices would be good for disconnecting?