Some of the things i eat (depending on what i am doing):
Oatmeal with peanut butter
I wake up at 05:50 when I want to go to the gym, and I don’t feel much like having breakfast at that point. My workout begins at 07:00 or 07:15 and I usually eat one or two bananas and/or a couple muesli bars on my commute.
But I often feel too tired, like depleted, while exercising, especially if doing weight lifting. I often feel very thirsty and like no amount of water will fix this.
When doing cardio, even hard workouts (eg 1 hour elliptical), I don’t miss my breakfast at all.
When running outdoors in the morning I feel like I perform much better with no breakfast at all.
If I would train in the evening, I like to eat after my workout. But thats my preverence. Besides, I like to train in the morning.
- Yes. As Indians and, particularly, as South Indians we’ve been raised to begin our day with food like idli, dosa, rice based foodstuff, roti and pulses, potatoes etc. But, those recipes are a lot of work and need prior prep. Also, they seem like they’re full of carbohydrates ( some good protein too, I agree). What breakfast ideas can I incorporate into my schedule if I have about 15 to 20 mins of prep time on my hands every morning?
- What’s the best thing to eat when you’re in a hurry?
- Whether it’s good to eat rice in the morning?
- What’s so great about breakfast?
- Can I eat bacon everyday?
- What are some good and easy to make vegan meals.
- Is coffee healthy?
- Would you eat rice as a breakfast?
- What are some great easy breakfasts for those of us with a very limited budget?
- What are quick breakfast options that will fill me up?