Try headspace, they are really good in helping you with this. The first lessons are free and I use the payed version. Focus on your breath, count your breaths 1 till 10 and start again. If you lose focus. Just go back to your breathing and start counting again. Your mind needs time to get used to the meditation. There will always be days that your mind is running around crazy. Hoop it helps!
I let the thoughts pop as they like. I try not to think deeper than to just notice that the thoughts occur. If I drift in, I just observe that I'm delving in and then refocus on my breath.
Recognize it for what it is, a distraction. Your brain feels like it needs to be productive. Recognize the thought and then put it aside. Confirm to yourself that what you're doing is productive in a different way.
I think you shoad let go the thought if its bad or worring you. But you shaod foces on the thought if its good and relax you.
This is the entire discipline of meditation – notice your thoughts and watch them. You are not your thoughts and you don't need to punish yourself for having thoughts – just watch them float by. Eventually you will be able to sit in your body paying attention to exactly what you intend to, but it takes consistent attention for a long time.
I try to acknowledge the thought and let it go. It's absolutely normal to have your mind wander during meditation and it's certainly not worth worrying over 🙂
I stop that meditation and focus on breathing instead. A breath work meditation takes more focus and quiets my brain. Then, if I still have time and desire, I can gently ease back into the original. Otherwise, I have done a lovely, relaxing, refreshing, and unexpected breathing meditation.
- How do you position yourself during meditation?
- Have you considered going to a short meditation retreat?
- Yes. How exactly does one calm one’s mind in order to meditate? Like how can I quiet my mind completely in order to experience peace?
- Does meditation need to be done the same time every day?
- How do you meditate to get focused?
- How do you keep yourself focused on meditation?
- At times I have difficulty staying awake when I meditate in the morning. Does it happen to you too? How do you stay awake?
- What good meditation resources/apps do you use once you’ve progressed from the in-app ones?
- What changes do you see in yourself when you meditate daily?
- My mind drifts off too much during meditation, what should I do about it?