Nowadays though, even affirmations or subliminals and guided visualizations are labelled as "meditations" to the masses.
I do both.
The classic silent meditations, to keep me grounded and clear minded amidst (and before going back into) our busy noisy lives, best done in the early morning before everyone is awake so I don't get disturbed by unexpected chores. I do this as part of my Miracle Morning routine S. A. V. E. R. S..
I also listen to affirmations or subliminals. I make my own now, and listen to & speak it out daily.
And then I listen to guided visualization. My favourite is Jason Stephenson's Your Ideal Life on YouTube. I also have a vision board, I use Visuapp as my vision board.
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
- Does anyone use a candle when they meditate?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How long before you feel that meditation is working?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
- Is better if you meditate with more people?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?