2 mins of lat stretches and quad stretches
30 secs of cat cow (back stretches)
Main workout (do this following circuit twice):
30 jumping jacks
40secs of wall sits (2x)
20 vertical scissor kicks (while sitting up)
12 Bench dips
12 Bodyweight lunges
Bend over, touch toes for 30 sec
30 secs of static calf stretches
30 secs of static quad stretches
1 min of arm stretches
I tried running one day but that hurt and I was super achy afterwards, so I don't think I'll try that again for a while. Maybe one day!
On weekends I did push-ups and sit-ups. I'm not very strong so could only do maybe 1-2 minutes of exercise then, but that's something!
So far, I have danced to the song 'December', gone for a walk to the grocery store to grab a kombucha, and done Yoga with an app for 5 mins.
Try doing whatever interests you each morning rather than trying to 'force yourself' to do a specific thing.
Walking for 5 minutes would also be good.
Stretching gently, like for a warm up, is helpful as well.
I usually jog, do a bit stretching and normal 5-7 exercises.
Body weight exercises like push ups, squats, pull ups, crunches, etc.
Mobility exercises and stretches.
So i do my physio exercise first thing, otherwise I'll probably not do it.
Usually my morning exercise is to take my dog for a walk. He's the reason i get up in the morning
- What “secret” exercises you do at your work table?
- What’s a great at-home exercise?
- I struggle with depression, but I always feel better after I exercise. Motivating myself to exercise when I feel so down is difficult, however. Do you have any tricks to motivate yourself to exercise when you just plain don’t want to? 🙂
- How do you motivate yourself to exercise? I need help!
- Do you work out as soon as you wake up?
- How do you get yourself exercising when you are already exhausted or have no energy?
- Practitioners of Ayurveda: How do you start to energize the body? How fast can it happen?
- Why work out if I’m not seeing results?
- How often do you exercise per week and how many hours each session?
- I wake up in the morning, drink water, fold my bed sheets and all, then exercise, and then take a shower. So my question is that should I brush my teeth before or after exercise?