I have an alarm set that tells me when to disconnect from electronics and continue with my other routines. Face wash/ teeth/ meditate or look at journal. I noticed if I put essential oils on bed and lay down helps me feel more relaxed
I go to sleep at midnight, so I set a timer for 10pm and simply put my phone to charge and forget it until morning. I just take a book to read or watch a movie or meditate to get me in the sleeping mindset 🙂
If I want to do something involving my phone or laptop, I get it done in the living room or dining room or any room except the bedroom. When I get to my room, I just lay down and sleep.
- How do you success at avoiding your phone? How do you manage to break the addiction?
- How do you replace your screen time at bedtime? As a mom, sometimes after their bedtime is the only time I get to myself. It’s hard to use that time to wind down and go to sleep when it’s the only “me” time I have.
- How do you stay away from your phone ?
- What is the most effective way to unplug and disconnect for you?
- What do you do when you remember something you need to look up on the internet or someone you need to connect with, after you’ve put your devices away for the night?
- I get really anxious not having my phone next to me when I fall asleep. How have you worked through that?
- What are some of your most favorite ways to disconnect/ unplug? How would you make such a mudane task really fun for yourself?.
- Do you sometimes get anxious when you disconnect? How do you wind down from feeling anxiety about putting the phone away?
- I assume the purpose of unplug and disconnect is to calm yourself and avoiding distractions. I usually read my Kindle book for less than one hour after unplug and disconnect. Does it against the habit?
- How should I be calm about all the messages I can miss ?